Friday, November 14, 2014

Recipe : Purple Carrot Ribbon Aglio Olio


I'm a pasta lover. Whenever I have no ideas what to cook, I prepared spaghetti for lunch / dinner. Whenever I dined out, I order penne for main course. When my husband need something after cycling, I make him linguine for carbs loading. I always have extra packet of pasta at home. But since I'm on my #30dayschallenge, I couldn't take any starchy, grains and obviously bad carbs in my meal plans. To fix my pasta craves, I subs carrot for pasta. Surprisingly, it taste good and you don't need to boiled the pasta first. Save time!

My current favourite is prawns aglio olio. So simple, you can get everything done in less than 20 minutes.

Ingredients:
2 carrots (purple or orange, your choice)
2 cloved of garlic (finely minced)
1 red chilli (deseed & finely minced)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt

Toppings:
7 - 8 medium size prawns
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
Pinch of salt
1  tbsp extra virgin olive oil
(* add all ingredient in bowl and marinate for 10 minutes)

Directions:
1. Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. Add evoo and minced garlic and chilli. Cook until fragrant.
2. Add carrot ribbon and cook until carrot tender.
3. Remove and transfer to serving plate.
4. Add evoo in the same non stick pan. Add prawns for few minutes until cook.
5. Transfer prawns on top of carrot ribbons.
6. Served with drizzle evoo and chopped cilantro.

Enjoy!

No comments: