Monday, June 2, 2014

Recipe : Easy Overnight Oats

Mixed nut oats


I kinda addicted with this easy breakfast, overnight oats. It's easy, healthy and filling. Actually I want to lose some weight (still trying haha), so I think, I should start with my breakfast. Did some research on the net and found yummy recipes on pinterest. The next day I know, I already bought organic rolled oats and mason jar haha. Yea, I'm excited liddat.

Anyway, I still experimenting my oats. I have a list of virtual recipes in my head that I haven't try hihi. I don't like my oats too runny, I prefer it thick. So adjust your oats to your liking. When I know I will busy the whole week, I will prepare atleast 3 jars of overnight oats in a fridge at one time. It come in handy when you're late for work or you just don't know what to have for breakfast.

Let me share some of my overnight oats recipes.

Basic recipe
3 tbs organic rolled oats
5 tbs liquid (low fat milk / almond milk / yogurt)

Direction:
Soaked rolled oats with your prefer liquid overnight.
Add your prefer toppings before consume.
Make sure lid on your container / jar. Oats might absorb weird smell in your fridge.

Mixed Nut Oats
3 tbs organic rolled oats
5 tbs low fat milk
1 tbs roasted almond
1 tbs roasted hazelnut
1 tbs cashewnut
1 tbs walnut


Kuini oats

Kuini (Fragrant Mango) Oats
3 tbs organic rolled oats
5 tbs low fat milk
1/3 tbs chia seed 
1/2 ripe kuini (diced)



Strawberry yogurt oats

Strawberry Yogurt Oats
3 tbs organic rolled oats
1 small tub of low fat strawberry yogurt
3 medium strawberries (sliced)



Fruit & nut oats

Fruit & Nut Oats
3 tbs organic rolled oats
5 tbs low fat milk
2 tbs roasted almond
1 tbs raisin



Apple pie oats

Apple Pie Oats
3 tbs organic rolled oats
5 tbs low fat milk
1/2 red apple (diced)
1 tbs raisin
Cinnamon powder



Have fun trying!

No comments: