Thursday, September 12, 2013

Recipe : Egg Croissant Sandwich


I'm a sandwich girl. I usually fix myself a sandwich whenever I'm hungry- breakfast, lunch, dinner or even snacking. Anddddd I thank to Almighty for sent me a sandwich eater too as a lifetime-partner. That makes my task as a wifey even more easier hehe. 

I bought fresh butter croissants and italian rocket salad at Jusco last Friday and I made this sandwich on the next day for lunch. Egg crossaint sandwich with ice peach tea just a perfect lunch for my Saturday spent alone at home. 


Egg Croissant Sandwich
Serving for 1

1 fresh butter croissant
1 tbsp greek yogurt
A handful of italian rocket salad (arugula, lollo rosa, frisee & cherry tomato)
1/2 slice of reduced-fat slice cheese

Filling:
1 hard-boiled egg
1 tsp greek yogurt
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
Salt
Crushed black pepper
Ground white pepper

Directions:
1. In a bowl, smashed hard-boiled egg with fork. Add greek yogurt, chopped onion and chopped baby spinach, mixed well. Season with salt, black pepper and white pepper. Put aside.
2. Slice croissant in half horizontally and lightly spread greek yogurt at bottom halves. 
3. Put half handful of italian rocket salad at the bottom croissant and spread egg filling. 
4. Top it off with slice cheese and another half of italian rocket salad. 

No comments: