Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Organized Your Pantry

Mama messy pantry

I went back to KL for Eid last week and found a messed pantry at Mama's kitchen. My mom wants everything in front of her eyes, something easy to reach out while she's preparing food.

A day before Eid, Mama asked us to tag her along to Ikea and help her to choose a small carpet for our foyer. Since Ikea has nice transparent storage, I bought her few boxes for her pantry.


 
 SAMLA Box from Ikea
Size 5, RM7.90/unit and Size 11, RM14.90/unit


I took 6 SAMLA boxes in 2 sizes and put them in the shopping cart. Of course, she gave me a look when I told her my idea and said,

'You do it if you want everything organize and make sure barang senang nak cari. Jangan lepas ni cari barang semua tak jumpa'

-_-

Find Mama, I will help you sort out your messy pantry. And I make sure everything is within your sight. 

So as we reached home that night, I took out my ipad and browsing for ideas on pinterest. While my other siblings busy with curtains, carpet and cushions, I make myself comfortable in the kitchen, took everything out of the pantry and start sorting out. After an hour, I manage to make my mom's pantry look better, more organize and spacious. 

A better pantry

Thinking of buying few more boxes for upper shelves and do some stickers for those boxes. And not to forget, I want to get rid those red screw cap cookies containers and make use of her unused tupperwares.

No comments: