This is my first attempt in making a sherpherd's pie and it turn out good that my husband ate atleast 5 plates of it. Googling and browsing for recipes, settled with a combination of classic and healthy shepherd's pie. A little twist of the original recipe ;)
600g minced meat (I used Ramly minced meat)
4 medium potatoes - boiled
1 head cauliflower - boiled
1 medium carrot - diced
1 stalk celery - diced
2 cups of peas
1 onion - diced
2 cloves garlic - diced
1 cup of low-fat milk
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Peel and quater potatoes, diced cauliflower to small pieces and boil in salted water to tender. Mashed potatoes and cauliflower together. Season with a dash of black pepper and salt, then put aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Saute onion and garlic. Add diced carrot, celery and peas, stir until soft.
3. Add minced meat and saute until the meat cook well.
4. Turn heat to low and slowly put milk in the pan. Let it bubble for a while. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
5. Turn off the heat and let the meat mixture cool for few minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 180c. Place the meat mixture in baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes and cauliflower on top. Rough up with fork. Bake for 30 minutes until mashed potatoes and cauliflower is golden brown. Serve with salad.