Monday, June 10, 2013

DIY Kimono Cardigan


I love my newly sew kimono cardigan that I wore this 2 days in a row! I have been meaning to sew this piece for months and only last Friday I managed to get my hands on my sewing machine. It's not that hard, you just sew a straight line and in less than 15 minutes you will have a nice flowy cardigan.

What you need:
1 1/4m of chiffon / satin crepe / satin
Pins
Thread
Scissor
Ruler
Chalk
Sewing machine

Instructions:
1. Sew all 4 edges first. You can sew yourself or send to tailor. 
2. In flat surface, fold the fabric in half (inside out) and you will get a rectangle shape. 
3. Take the edges that touch and secure it with pins. 
4. Measure from the corner end inward with ruler and mark at 10 inch (depends on you)
5. Sew a straight line from corner end to the chalk mark. 

As easy as 1 2 3

There you go, a diy kimono cardigan. I can see myself sewing this kimono for another few pieces. 

DIY Kimono Cardigan

Enjoy!

7 comments:

S.n.Fariza said...

Nice :-)

LisaLisut said...

wish i pandai jahit mcm u. aa bestnya, lps ni u bole bkk bisnes ni la haha

Nadia Hamdan said...

Fariza - Thank you
Lisa - I menjahit pun senget2 lagi, x berani nak jual haha

BAIZURA NATASHA said...

Terernye u babe

Nadia Hamdan said...

Baizura - Manede babe. You should see my jahitan then you know hahaha

oshinz said...

kite pun ada gak rasa nak buat kimono cardigan ni. dah lama berkenan. tapi tak buat lagi sebab takde mesin jahit. sedih. hehe.

Nadia Hamdan said...

Oshinz, kalau pandai jahit tangan pun boleh. Untuk jahit yg last part tu. Untuk jahit tepi, hantar kedai hehe