Thursday, November 29, 2012

Recipe : Homemade Burger Patties

 
 
Cannot tahan tengok juicy and thick beef burger on pinterest, I decided to made my own burger patties. I did google here and there for good beef patties recipes before come up with my own recipe. For my first attempt, I grilled these patties on nonstick pan and gave to my husband and parents for tasting. They love it. Everyone had atleast 2 burgers for lunch on that day.

So when my mom told me that we having a family bbq dinner on last Raya Haji, I immediately suggested to made beef patties for the bbq. I prepare everything at my mom's before brought a full load of tupperware to my aunty's. (which just across my house haha)




 

One thing that I love cooking at my mom's are she have almost everything I need. I don't need major groceries shopping for this.

Beside my cousin's pavlova, my grilled beef patties are the hit that night. Everyone line up and patiently waiting for the patties to ready and fully grilled. I heard my husband and brother ate 4 beef patties!!

Homemade patties on grilled

Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
1 kg of ground/mince beef or chicken
1 carrot - grated
1 medium onion - finely dice
1 clove of garlic - finely dice
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp italian herbs
1 tbsp mixed herbs
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp white pepper
1 tsp salt
butter / olive oil
burger buns


How to do it:
1. In a big bowl, put ground beef, grated carrot, diced onion and garlic altogether. Mix everything with spatula or your bare hand.


2. Put in salt, oregano, parsley, mixed herbs, italian herbs, black pepper, white pepper or any herbs you have in your kitchen shelf. Mix altogether.


3. When all ingredients are well mix, makes a beef ball. Sizes are depend on your likes. Not to big because you will have a very thick beef patties.


4. Heat a non-stick pan and put a small dallop of butter or olive oil. Put in your beef ball in the pan and slowly press with spatula to a patty shape.


5. Cook nicely on both size, make sure your patties are not too thick or your will have a raw inside. Serve it with toasted bun and add cheese slices, tomato, lettuce, zuccini, mayonnaise or anything you like. Sprinkle a little of black pepper before serve.

Having it your way!

Walaaa!


2 comments:

LisaLisut said...

oh easy gilaaa. salivating!! :D

utk org malas dan xberapa pandai masak mcm i sbb tu excited bila tgk recipe yg sng ni haha

Nadia Hamdan said...

simple je, just add anything you have in the kitchen hehe